The time-frame for individuals & families to decide on a 2019 health plan runs from November 1st – December 15th. The time to prepare is now.
It is possible some of the options will not be published online until November 1st, but we have quite a bit of helpful information below to get you started & save you TONS of time right now.
Arizona will have five (5) different insurance carriers offering plans both on & off the federal marketplace, and L & A Services, Inc will be representing all five:
Options vary by county…for example, if you live in Maricopa County BCBSAZ is not an option. BrightHealth & Oscar are new to Arizona.
COSTS ~ Monthly premiums, subsidies, and plan types are very similar to what they are now (yes, still no PPO options). The law increased out of pocket maximum limit to $7900 individual & $15,800, so most plans will be at this level.
WHICH IS RIGHT FOR ME?
- If you received a federal subsidy this year you will likely receive it again for 2019 if you go through the marketplace. If you do nothing, you will auto-renew.
If do not receive a federal subsidy, you will likely want to purchase a plan off the marketplace (directly from the insurance company).
If you’re not sure, you can check for subsidies here.
- Each insurance company has a different network of medical providers. You’ll want to select the insurance company that works with the hospital system you prefer. Here is a cheat sheet to get you familiar with these arrangements. Best practices tip:
- Ask your physician, then
- Verify online. The logo’s above take you right to the respective carrier’s provider search or you can check here starting November 1st.
WHERE DO I APPLY?
For subsidies & the federal marketplace, click here
For non-subsidized, off-marketplace plans, click here.
For ALL of our on-line benefits, please see https://www.lnaservices.com/online-applications/
ARE THERE ANY OTHER OPTIONS?
Yes, check out our advice on ‘Alternatives to ACA Plans’ here.
Need help? Schedule Time with your Broker
- We love to help! Please click here to schedule your phone appointment for a time that works best for you.
- November fills up fast, so we recommend requesting time ASAP.
- Phone appointments only.